What we believe:

Please download our full doctrinal statement.

Church History:

Fulton Road Baptist Church was started as a concerned expression the local believers had for this community. Meetings were first held in local homes and then in a tent purchased for this purpose. Within a few months a small auditorium was built with a seating capacity of 200. On January 21, 1943 a meeting was held in the home of the O.M. Sims family and a charter was formed. The Reverend Lee Gallman, Mobile Associational Missionary, and Reverend H.H. Harwell, County Moderator of Mobile Baptist Association assisted in organizing the church. Twelve persons became the original charter members. The charter was later extended and thirteen additional members were added. Reverend Glenn Savell was called as the first pastor on April 29, 1943. The original auditorium was remodeled several times to accommodate growth, until it was no longer recognizable; northern, southern, and eastern wings had been added. Even as the area grew to be known as Dauphin Island Parkway and the state changed the Highway to 163, the name associated with the previous road remains, we are still “Fulton Road Baptist Church”.

Through the years we have gone through many changes in our buildings. Some were necessitated by growth, some by calamities such as fire or hurricanes; still the body of believers had a mind to continue on and be God’s witness in this community. This same expression of trust and mission became evident when on May 20, 1982 the church voted to begin work on a new building that would reach well into the Twenty-first Century and be used by future generations. Ground breaking began on January 11, 1984 and the first service was held in the new sanctuary on Sunday morning, September 13, 1987.

In August 2002, Reverend Art Burroughs was given what he believed was God’s vision for Fulton Road Baptist Church, to build a new Christian Life Center that would continue the work of the original charter members and reach out to the community on Dauphin Island Parkway. This vision was shared with church leaders and later the congregation who in turn enthusiastically and wholeheartedly voted to turn this vision into a reality. God’s People, Building God’s Building, God’s Way. Dedication and ground-breaking services were held Sunday, December 19th, 2004. Everyone now enjoys our new modern facility. Come and see why.

God has blessed Fulton Road Baptist Church in the past. By faith, we anticipate His continued blessings in the future.

THOSE WHO HAVE SERVED

January, 1943 – Reverend Lee Gallman

April 29, 1943 – Reverend Glenn Savell

February 4, 1962 – Reverend J.E. Berkstresser, interim

May 6, 1962 – Reverend H.S. Sauls, interim

July 16, 1962 – Reverend Fred D. Brown

September 23, 1973 – Reverend A.A. Durden, interim

December 27, 1973 – Dr. Robert L. Griffin

December 27, 1976 – Reverend Vincent Gaugler

October 5, 1980 – Reverend William C. Higgins

March 23, 1986 – Reverend Paul R. Montvalvo

September 12, 1992 – Reverend Art Burroughs

August 17, 2014 – Pastor Jim Langston